Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Visit from Our New CEO


This past week marked an important event for Target--the first visit of Gregg Steinhafel as our new CEO! As usual, a team of our executives flew out to join Gregg during this exciting series of events. Throughout the visit we were able to tell Gregg more about Target India and the valuable progress that we've accomplished over these past three years.

This visit also gave us an opportunity to connect with our other senior leaders in our respective divisions. For me that is Jodee Kozlak, our EVP of HR, and Paul Dominski, our VP of Organizational Effectiveness. It's always a treat to reconnect with Jodee and Paul!

Once again, I played the role of "Peter Parker" (thanks for the new nickname, Paul) and was the "unofficial official" photographer of the week's events. I've really enjoyed my new camera this year (a Nikon D40 I purchased specially for this trip... and from Target, no less!) and my photography has really taken off. I've been putting together online photo albums and galleries, many of which have been featured on this blog, and I'm even getting offers to sell my work. It's pretty cool! It's not difficult to find things to "snap" in India--there's a photo shoot around every corner. Amazing events and people just waiting to be noticed. Be sure to stay tuned over the next week when I will feature my newest gallery, "Children of India"--a special selection of photos I've taken of children over the past six months.

Now that most of the executive team has gone, we return to business as usual--or is it? There's always something new to experience at Target, and Target India adds another colorful dimension alltogether! What an amazing opportunity to experience the world this year. I am so grateful to Target for allowing me to take advantage of this experience. When opportunity knocks, don't just open the door--invite it in, call the neighbors, and make a party of it!

Peace.

1 comment:

Wilmaryad said...

WOW! I love what you are wearing in these pictures! It is utterly beautiful.