Sunday, May 18, 2008

Children of India


As I have recently passed my six month mark in Bangalore (!!), I wanted to take the opportunity to continue highlighting Indian history, culture, and most importantly, India's people. So I decided it was time for another gallery--this time a compilation of photos depicting the children of India.

Through my travels within the cities of Bangalore, Mysore, Delhi, Agra, and other areas of the country, I have had the opportunity to meet so many warm and friendly people--but the warmest and most sincere are the children. As I had written in my blog entry about Narendra Nele (the boys orphanage in Bangalore), children have a universal energy--a common spark--that all of us have and can identify with... children just show their love and share their joy more freely. Since most children haven't yet taken on the fear of the world, their spirits shine bright and they connect quickly with those who recognize them.

Here is short compilation of some little souls that I've encountered on my journey through India so far this year--may their energy and joy be felt in your heart as it has been in mine.

Enjoy the gallery.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

These are my favorite pictures on your blog. You really capture their spirit, so sweet, and so real. They have the most amazing light surrounding them.

Anonymous said...

Since your photographs left an impression, i'd like to recommend a movie to you called Salaam Bombay ...

But careful, it may leave you crying ...

Mareta Kusumaningrum said...

children is always amazing!